Tuesday, March 15, 2011

15 March 2011

I'm sorry.  I started to research for this post, but I simply can't.

This morning my rat passed away.  My fiance found her dead in her cage on our way out the door to deliver the rescued puppy to his new home two hours South.  It hailed on us halfway to our destination with rains so heavy we could barely see the road, let alone other cars.  Upon being given the chance to explore his new backyard once he arrived, in only sprinkling rain, the puppy chose to hide fearfully underneath a trailor, too low to the ground and muddy for us to get under it and pull him back out.  Then it started to pour.

We finally got puppy out, dried off, and left with his new home and drove back to town.  We had to scrape together pocket change to make the trip thanks to gas prices and our own not-so-fortunate situation.

I arrive at work at 11 PM like usual, pull up my homework, and discover who my group members were for our online group project.  I then discover they did the majority of the thing a week early and have since assumed I'm not participating.

Then I get three texts from my mother - one that the rabbit I've had since I was a little girl (he's old like crazy) hasn't been able to get up or eat for the past three days and will only take water out of a spoon.  The other two texts were picture messages of my dying pet.  He will be put to sleep in the morning if he survives that long.



I'm so sorry I'm such a bummer tonight guys.  I simply cannot pull my mind together enough for Science today.  I promise this isn't going to be another indefinite break - I will be back at 6 AM tomorrow, provided my house doesn't burn down and I don't get in a horrible car accident.

-Miss Mouse



P.S. - About a zillion other people are having way worse days than me right now, so if you have ten dollars you can part with, hold off on the pizza with extra anchovies or whatever the heck your vice may be for one more paycheck, and consider donating to those affected in Japan right now.  If you know someone over there, remember that not hearing from them doesn't necessarily mean anything - communication is pretty tough to manage right now.

Probably the easiest way to donate is by texting REDCROSS to 90999.  You'll get a $10 donation on your phone bill.  Voila.  Even if you need every cent you have like me, go walk the parking lot in front of your grocery store.  Betcha can find enough change to toss into the cause.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment